Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Power and prescriptions

(Song of the moment: Jesus and Mary Chain's "Just Like Honey" from the Lost in Translation soundtrack)

Well, after posting that, I lost my power for a couple of hours. Lovely. At least we had Monday off since the local prince shut down the city government. Most libraries had returned to work by today, though Regency remained closed due to being a low priority on JEA's list to fix. (Click here to see our closings) Our most productive branch library, generating our best statistics, but since a branch fell on the line, it's a low priority. Would it take too long to fix?

Bah.

Been reading a lot lately, so many to read - House of Bush, House of Saud, Plan of Attack, A Republic, Not an Empire (Pat Buchanan from '99, I like it so far, but it's not Diplomacy), Imperial Hubris, and Through Our Enemy's Eyes. I need to look up the Schlesinger and Hersh books too. (War and the American President and Chain of Command, respectively.) Dunno if I will read Unfit for Command or Kitty Kelly's book. Haven't heard anyone recommend them.

Went to the doctor to talk about my "labs" - I guess that is the euphemism for lab results now - and got good/bad news. Found out my LDL count is lower than it used to be - good - but still not good enough. It's probably genetic. I do need to bring up the HDL count though. So now I'm on Lipitor. Whoo-whee.

(Have I said before the Rescue Me is a great TV show? Of course I missed CSI:NY which I also enjoyed, but *shrug*, I need a new VCR.)

Oh well,

Going to have to take care of a few things.

TTFN

No comments: