Monday, June 13, 2005

Into the West

Into the West TV

This is pretty damn good. Tonantzin Carmelo as Thunder Heart Woman is beautiful, the story is great, Will Patton is great as always as Mr. Fletcher, Josh Brolin as Jedediah Smith is great, they even throw in Gary Busey, Skeet Ulrich, Alan Tudyk, lots of familiar faces. Coming from a European-Native American mix (not that you can tell in me, but my brother and my dad both show traces of it) and always dreaming of a way to right the old wrongs, the show touches my heart in ways I can't describe. Similar to how I felt when I watched Dances with Wolves, Last of the Dogmen, Squanto, Smoke Signals.... I want to be there. As good as I can be in the modern sense, I've always wanted to be alive back then. Don't know if I have an old soul, or just dissatisfaction with modern man, whatever... movies, books (Helen Hunt Jackson's work and others), always trigger this emotion. But, yeah, like the story. Spielberg's name might've gotten it done, but I'd've watched it anyway.

Song of the moment - OutKast's I Love the Way (You Move)

No comments: