Monday, June 07, 2004

Registering a car...

Well, I did it. Now I am officially legal in the state of Florida, what with a registered car, a residency, and a license.

I didn't know how good I had it in Louisiana. A registration in La. is around $40, with a specialty plate driving it up to $50-60. A non-specialty plate registration in Florida is $180. For the same car! Stickers in Louisiana last for two years on cars, four years on trucks. In Florida, only a year! Renewing in La. is $20, regardless of a specialty plate (unless it's changed), while in Florida it's $35 + the cost of the plate every year!

No wonder there's no personal state income tax. They get anyone who has a car!

For a comparison of the quality, you can visit the Florida DHSMV and the Louisiana DMV. Fees for Florida are here, while those for Louisiana are here.

I just hope I don't bounce anything. Tomorrow, I'm off to Educational Comm Credit Union (here) to grab money out of my savings account.

Fun stuff.

TTFN

No comments: