Friday, June 18, 2004

AmSouth Bank... the next day

Well, today is obviously a different day.

Yesterday when I visited my local branch of AmSouth, I left a letter for the branch manager, who was unfortunately gone for the day. I told them I would return.

I then called the bank and spoke to the people online - both rep and supervisor refused to budge. Which really tore my ass up.

All day at work, my stomach was really upset, both b/c of the tequila last night and my nerves which were shot. Antacid. (Speaking of which I still need some Pepto) I took off early, both because of this and wanting to deal with the bank, as thinking about it got me worked up again.

(In the meantime, I talked to a guy who handles parking for the city and got out of a parking ticket. Woo-hoo!!!)

Well, I left work, went to the branch. The manager had left for lunch not long before (lucky ass banker's hours... sheesh...) so I left my cell # for her to call me and I would be back after I myself got something to eat. The guy who talked to me (Brian I think) was aware of the letter I had had sent from the call service people, as well as the letter I'd left. He said they'd looked into it and had figured out what happened, but he was waiting for the branch manager to make a decision, but they were going to try and help me.

Well...

She called me and said since they could basically assume that the gas station was not going to be helpful (honestly, who honestly believes that a gas station attendant is going to give a guy with an affidavit $180?? He'd have to call the manager, who would probably have to call the owner, and the owner would presumably say "Hell no, we took care of our end. Sorry, but fuck off.") she would put in the paperwork for it to reimbursed.

I just checked my account online, and honestly, I could kiss her feet.

The money is coming back.

I effusively thanked her. Sincerely. I don't think I've thanked one person that much in a very long time, if ever.

So if you are going to bank with AmSouth, don't deal with the phone people. They suck. Real honest to God decent people work in the branches.

I've got to find some more alcohol, but this time, to celebrate!!!

TTFN

No comments: