Monday, June 07, 2004

Forgot...

Oh, to add insult to injury...

Q: "The first registration is full price from the date of purchase, but only good until the owner's birthday. If the owner's birthday is beyond 15 months, they have to pay the full year for four months. Why?"

A: "Section 320.14(1), Florida Statutes, requires the full amount of the license tax to be imposed or charged for the registration period regardless of when during the registration period the vehicle is registered. This law was amended in 1990 by the Legislature."

This means my $180 is only good for FOUR!! months since my birthday is in October. Then I have to pay another damn $35 (+25 if I want to get the Panther plate:)



Oh, well. At least I still have my LSU plate. I still need to get one of those license plate frames saying "LSU Alumni" or 2003 National Champions... and clean that Five-Time National Baseball Champions plate.

TTFN


No comments: