Monday, April 28, 2008

Trip to San Francisco

5:40 pm - loaded onto flight 1404 to ATL.

Window seat approx six rows in front of the engine.

Took off at approx 6:55. Was supposed to leave at 6:10pm. It's now 7:30p and we've been informed we're beginning the approach to Atlanta.

Might not miss connecting flight after all.

Well hells fuckin bells, y'know.

Seems the gate for the connecting flight to SF was at a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GODDAMN GATE than the one on the boarding pass. Not B28, oh fuck no. A02.

Yes. I made it. I made it to B. Then I fast=walked (like I could run with two bags and a heavy ass jacket on).

So I make it to B28. Then I notice, yes, Delta changed the gate.

So I try to make it to A. But I dont know the layout. So I miss the connection. Seems you have to take a fucking train from the B terminal to the A terminal.

So I missed the flight. Yes, I missed the goddamn flight.

So I ask one of the Delta agents if I can get to SF. She puts me on a later flight, taking off at 9:35. Well, I might make it in the early morning hours.

After two cigarettes and a jack 'n coke, I'm calm enough.

Get some food in me at a wrap place. Buffalo chicken wrap.

Now I eagerly await the flight.

GODDAMN.

On the plane. Took off at 9:35pm. Will (or should arrive) around 11:35pm. Sent texts to DJ, Fry and Yohko, as well as Michele and Jennifer to let them know. Now incommunicado on the plane.

Man I am so hating Delta.

But it's not really their fault. Air traffic and then a screwup as I'm sure there was an update I should have caught around the time I landed.

Sigh.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck.

This post will be adult-rated.

I need more alcohol. But at least now I'm cooled off and much calmer.

But the weekend can only go upwards now, eh?

I've still got two whole days to be in SF.

I will have to check in as soon as I arrive, tho.

Then I can go out.

Couldnt really charge up the laptop or the phone, both were charged when I got to the airport, but all the texts and phone calls today...

And the battery only lasts 2 hours... no time in Atlanta to really charge it up, unless I had sat at the charger the entire time. Why don't airports have more plugs? You have to fucking fight for one almost.

But I did meet a cute Jacksonville University student named Sara. Studying to be a pilot and going out with some friends in Hotlanta. Also met a nice guy named Doug. Another Sara and another Doug.

Pictures to come...

No comments: