Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Doctors

(Song of the moment: "Bounty of a Wookiee" from Return of the Jedi)

Okay. I went to the doctor last Thursday to establish a record there. Finally going to have a Primary Care Physician. Nurse Practitioner, actually, Regina Nolting. Still, nice.

Well, talk about third degree. I smoke. I drink (on occasion, usually few and far between). Bad, bad. I drink a lot of caffeine. Apparently over 2 liters a day. On a normal day? 3-4 16oz. cups of coffee, a 16oz. Coke/ Pepsi/ Mountain Dew, then maybe one or two 32oz. cups of tea, so, yeah, I drink quite a bit. Then there's the 2-3 cigs a day. Then there may be a jack & coke or a margarita when the mood hits me.

So my liver is paté. Hyperlipidemia. Hypertension. Bad cholesterol. No blood test Thursday, but I'm supposed to check my blood pressure occasionally before an actual physical Sept. 13th.

I'm also supposed to cut down on the sugar (Splenda takes some getting used to... better than Equal, but still... *sigh*) and caffeine (another *sigh*) but well, even if I don't expect to live forever, I want to make it to 40 (at least).

So, not a great prognosis, but I'm young (a pretty decent 31.something) and can work on making it better before I hit Type II diabetes.

Although, at this moment, I am drinking a coke and eating pringles.

TTFN

No comments: