Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Hurricane Katrina

Well, being from Baton Rouge, I am glad I'm not there right now.

Most of my friends there are without power. May be for days. And it's not even in the news. The Advocate, BR's paper, is without power, so the news out of there is sparse.

Slidell, New Orleans, Mandeville, Covington, Destrahan, Harahan, Westwego, Kenner, Port Sulphur, Plaquemine Parish, Orleans Parish, Jefferson Parish, Tammany Parish, all of them. And more. No power, flooded, death, looting, prison riots in Orleans...

As a kid, I used to say the Big One would come... hell, a lot of people did.

But, man, I was half-joking and wanted the city to be prepared... I didn't ever envision something like this.

Just fucking insane.

I'm just glad those I know and can remember are safe and evacuated in time. And, God willing, may those who stayed in the Superdome and elsewhere be safe - if not, He will welcome them home.


TTFN

No comments: